Rock visionary Roger Waters has been announced as a keynote speaker for next year's South by Southwest Conference in Austin. Joining the Pink Floyd founding member is director, producer, and writer Erin Lee Carr, topping off this week's reveal of a new round of speakers and performers.
The latest additions to the line-up include Get Out composer Michael Abels, YouTuber Adam Neely, and Grammy winner Ben Lovett.
Previously announced keynotes are former Nintendo president Reggie Fils-Aimé and former bassist of alt-rock band, Kim Gordon.
In years past, musicians who delivered the SXSW keynote speech include Bruce Springsteen, Dave Grohl, Lady Gaga, Garth Brooks, and Snoop Dogg.
Scheduled from March 13th through the 22nd, the upcoming edition of the annual event, is organized into 22 programming tracks centering around Interactive, Film, Music, and Convergence topics, presented through a series of sessions.
"Roger Waters is a true creative visionary, and we're pleased to have him participate for 2020," Hugh Forrest, chief programming officer, said in a statement. "SXSW continues to be a unique destination for innovation and discovery, and we're excited about the addition of the many groundbreaking pioneers, influential voices and business leaders that we've added to this year's lineup."
Below is the new list of 2020 SXSW speakers and some featured sessions:
- Director, producer and writer Erin Lee Carr (Film)
- Musician, singer, and songwriter Roger Waters (Music)
- Composer (Us, Get Out) Michael Abels in conversation with Politifact creator and professor Bill Adair (Making Film & Episodics)
- Beat Games s.r.o co-founder and Head of Music Jaroslav Beck (Future of Music)
- Amazon Web Services Vice President of Public Sector Partners and Programs Sandy Carter (Tech Industry & Enterprise)
- Future of Sex founder and podcast host Bryony Cole (Connection & Culture)
- Founder, Co-Chief Investment Officer and Co-Chairman of Bridgewater Associates Ray Dalio (Tech Industry & Enterprise)
- Fashion designer and founder Tommy Hilfiger in conversation with Tommy Hilfiger Global CEO Daniel Grieder (Connection & Culture)
- Multi-Grammy Award winning musician, producer, entrepreneur and philanthropist Ben Lovett (Future of Music)
- Bassist, composer and YouTuber Adam Neely (Future of Music)
- Canva CEO and co-founder Melanie Perkins (Design)
- Google Stadia Games and Entertainment VP Jade Raymond in conversation with journalist Chris Morris (Game Industry)
- Mojang Studios Chief Brand Officer Lydia Winters (Game Industry)
- Session: “The Bon Appétit Test Kitchen (Connection & Culture)”: A behind-the-scenes conversation with Bon Appétit Test Kitchen chefs Brad Leone, Claire Saffitz, Andy Baraghani, Molly Baz, Chris Morocco, Carla Lalli Music and Alex Delany appearing on stage together for the first time outside of New York.
- Session: Courtney Kemp, Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson & Jeffrey Hirsch (Film & TV Industry): Join executive producers Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson and Courtney Kemp from Starz’s Original Series Power, as they sit with president and CEO of Starz, Jeffrey Hirsch, for a look inside the wildly popular drama series as well as upcoming expansions to the Power cinematic universe including the upcoming spinoff, Power Book II: Ghost starring Mary J. Blige.